- To provide an active informal network for training and development professionals dedicated to making a difference in their companies.
- To share local and global ideas, models and concepts that work and to upgrade the competency level of HRD practitioners.
- To help one another in sourcing the appropriate interventions and technology.
- To implement and conduct research programmes which will investigate and monitor the state of the Training, Organisational Development (OD) and Human Resources Development (HRD) industry in South Africa.
- To establish a platform for benchmarking and "best practices".
- To organise annual South African study tours to ASTD International Conferences.
- To provide regional feedback on highlights and trends from annual International Conferences and key speakers.
- To conduct local annual conferences and bring together international thought leaders and local expertise to share global best practices.